A Case for Project Part Numbers

Even when we share the design files for open source hardware, the step between digital files and a real-world mechatronics widget is still a big one. That’s why I set off on a personal vendetta to find ways to make that transfer step easier for newcomers to an open source …read more

Continue reading A Case for Project Part Numbers

Shine Theory / DevOps / Community

A podcast called The Allusionist (hosted by Helen Zaltzman) crossed my path that provided me with a light-bulb moment. The podcast focuses on language and etymology. This particular episode contextualised that focus around a fantastic story with guests… Continue reading Shine Theory / DevOps / Community

Get Over Your Fears

Some projects are just too complex, that’s for sure. But I’d be willing to bet that some things you think are too difficult actually aren’t, and it may be that all you need to get over your personal hurdle is a good demonstration. Here come three cases in point. …read more

Continue reading Get Over Your Fears

Intro to Blockchain as a Service (BaaS)

Blockchain? I’m not sure what it is, but I know that bitcoin used to be worthless and now is worth a lot. HODL! (hold on for dear life) Bitcoin can be forked, so blockchain is a scam. Bitcoin uses blockchain technology, that means it is backed by math … Continue reading Intro to Blockchain as a Service (BaaS)

School’s in Session with HackadayU

The global COVID-19 pandemic has kept many of us socially isolated from friends, family, and colleagues for several months at this point. But thanks to modern technology, the separation has only been in the physical sense. From job interviews to grade school book reports, many of the things we’d previously …read more

Continue reading School’s in Session with HackadayU

Mitigating Con Deprivation: Disobey 2020

While the Coronavirus-induced lockdown surely makes life easier for the socially anxious and awkward ones among us, it also takes away the one thing that provides a feeling of belonging and home: conferences. Luckily, there are plenty of videos of past events available online, helping to bypass the time until …read more

Continue reading Mitigating Con Deprivation: Disobey 2020

DevSecOps Leadership Forum: 500 Innovators Learning from Shared Experiences

A week ago we hosted the North American DevSecOps Leadership Forum. It was an online event and an amazing experience in which we assembled 500+ software development, application security, and IT operations professionals to share experiences and le… Continue reading DevSecOps Leadership Forum: 500 Innovators Learning from Shared Experiences

Sonatype: Fighting COVID-19 Together

The world is facing an unprecedented challenge with communities and economies everywhere affected by the growing COVID-19 pandemic.  That’s the bad news.
The good news however is that the entire world — governments, universities, corporation… Continue reading Sonatype: Fighting COVID-19 Together

Solar-powered center puts sustainability at heart of the community

Australia’s K20 Architecture was commissioned to design a community center in Bayswater, a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria. In response, the firm delivered an impressively sustainable building that makes use of recycled materials and features solar power… Continue reading Solar-powered center puts sustainability at heart of the community

Four Steps to Get Started with Nexus Repository Using New REST APIs

Nexus Repository Manager (NXRM) has new supported REST API endpoints that can automate your binary management needs. REST APIs allow clients to interact with an application, providing them with the capabilities of retrieving and transforming appli… Continue reading Four Steps to Get Started with Nexus Repository Using New REST APIs